Many companies have someone “in charge” of their social platforms, and find that it’s not difficult…just very time consuming. Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and many other platforms change their functionality regularly. Whether you need training for yourself or your team, we can help!
How important is it?
Social media platforms are now a major source of information. It’s critically important that your website and all other social platforms are updated continually. This was never more evident than during the pandemic when people turned to the internet to check whether businesses were open, view any updated hours of operations, etc.
There were 500 million active stories on Instagram in 2019. Since then, all social platforms have added a story functionality, most recently LinkedIn.
Advertising continues to be important and social ad rules and functionality changes regularly as well.
Here are some recent statistics:
- 3.5 billion people are on social media, or 45% of the population
- Facebook is the most widely used, including 68% of the adult population (90% Millennials, 77% GenX, 48% Boomers)
- An average of 3 hours per day is spent on social platforms and messaging
- 71% of adults who have had a positive experience with a company are likely to recommend it to others
- 54% of customers search products on social media
- 49% of consumers depend on social influencers when looking for recommendations
- 73% of marketers believe that social media has been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business